A message from the Neighbourhod Policing Team
Did you get an Off Road Motorcycle or Quad for Christmas?
- You must be able to transport the vehicle to a motocross track as you can’t ride it there.
- You must have written consent from the landowner if you are riding on private land.
- You cannot ride the bike or quad on a public highway unless it is registered for the road, has suitable lighting, road tyres, MOT where applicable and must be insured to the driver who in turn must have the appropriate driving license.
- You cannot ride the bike on any public land such as a public path, park, nature reserve or woodland.
Did you know as a rider of a motorcycle or quad bike on a road, public place and/or public path, or other open land you could be committing a number of serious offences for which you could face prosecution?
If you ride your motorcycle or quad bike to the annoyance of members of the public, the Police could seize your vehicle.
The Leeds District Off Road Bike Team are dedicated in making sure that members of the public are kept safe from the reckless and anti-social use of bike and quads in the communities they serve.
Between the months of March – November 2020 the Team have completed the following:
- 1299 calls for service attended
- 129 Section 59 Warnings issued
- 129 Traffic Offence Reports/Summons to court
- 203 Vehicles seized
- 31 Arrests made