Cross Gates and Whinmoor’s Candidate
James has a proven track record of community work and community engagement across Leeds.
James has organised lots of community projects and community campaigns around the city including:
- Projects to tackle antisocial behaviour, including antisocial use of off-road bikes
- Inclusive free family exercise and fitness projects
- Organised and coordinated free school meals for young people in the school holidays
- Successfully campaigned to restore a vital bus route
- Campaigned to reduce single-use plastic in Leeds
James is also volunteering with a local charity based in Swarcliffe during the Covid Crisis, helping to support older people in the area.
James is a social worker, specialising in working with people with disabilities.