Cross Gates and Whinmoor’s Candidate
James lives locally in Oakwood and has a proven track record of community work and community engagement.
James has organised lots of community projects and community campaigns including:
- Projects to tackle antisocial behaviour, including antisocial use of off-road bikes
- Inclusive free family exercise and fitness projects
- Organise and coordinated free school meals for young people in the school holidays
- Successfully campaigned to restore a vital bus route
- Campaigned to reduce single-use plastic in Leeds
James has is also volunteering with a local charity based in Swarcliffe during the Covid Crisis, helping to support older people in the area.
James is a trustee of an older people’s charity and a social worker, specialising in working with people with disabilities.